During last week’s New iPad event in San Francisco, Apple announced many new things including iPhoto finally coming to iOS. But it would not be available for the original iPad. But thanks to some hackers there is now a way to get iPhoto on your original iPad.
Warning: While this method for installing iPhoto works, but once it is installed you will find that iTunes tries to remove the app upon being synced as it is not technically supported (keep this in mind).
How To Install iPhoto On iPad 1G
1. The first thing you will need to do is download the iPhoto application from the App Store via iTunes.
2. Next you will need to download is Apple’s iPhone Configuration Utility and then install it to your computer.
Download iPhone Configuration Utility (Windows)
Download iPhone Configuration Utility (Mac OS X)
3. Grab your first generation iPad and plug it into your computer via USB and wait until iTunes has recognized it and completed a sync.
4. With your iPad connected via USB, leave iTunes open and launch the iPhone ConfigurationUtility program you downloaded earlier.
5. You will now see an Applications section in the left pane of the program. Select the Application section and then click the Add button in the top bar to browse for the iPhoto application you downloaded earlier.
6. With the iPhoto application added to your application library you will need to click your iPad under the Devices label and then go into the Applications tab.
7. You will now simply need to scroll through the list of applications until you see iPhoto and then install it to your iPad. Once it has been installed you will find it on your iPad’s SpringBoard (homescreen).
Congratulations, you know have iPhoto on your 1st Generation iPad. Don’t forget to check out more of our How To’s and Tips.