Detailed Nintendo Wii U Specs Leak
The Wii had a great start in the industry with their first console, now they are here to take it to the next level!
Somebody from somewhere has leaked a DETAILED Wii U Specs sheet with official pricing!
Here go the highlights of the new Nintendo console:
- Tri-core IBM PowerPC-based processor; 3MB cache
- 1GB of RAM available to games, 1GB system memory
- AMD Radeon-based GPU7 (DirectX 10.1, OpenGL 3.3 equivalent functionality)
- 8GB storage (Optional 32GB); SDHC card slot; support for external HDDs
- 4 USB 2.0 ports
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Up to 1080p output resolution
- HDMI, DVI, component, RGB and S-Video TV-Outs
- 6 channel audio support via HDMI
Sounds pretty good, considering the very limited hardware that the Wii had. The GamePad controller features a 6.2″ LCD screen of FWVGA resolution (158ppi) along with hardware game controls, stereo speakers, a microphone and camera plus NFC support.
The price of the Wii U in Japan is set at 26,260 yen ($340) for the regular version (available in white only) and 31,500 ($405) for the premium version (with 32GB storage, available in black only).