iFixit, does it again!
iFixit, tearsdown the iPod Touch 5th Gen!
Here is what they think about it -
- The A5 processor features 512MB of RAM
- Battery packs in 1030mAh of power – 100 mAh more than the 4th gen version
- The home button’s rubber “spring/cushion” is not as substantial as the iPhone 5′s, and feels much weaker
- The display – although the same resolution – is a much cheaper design and manufacturing quality than the flagship iPhone. Build quality not near as good
- 5MP, f/2.4 camera sensor with 1080p video recording
- Flash storage provided by Toshiba
- “iPod Touch 5th Generation Repairability: 3 out of 10(10 is easiest to repair)”
- The low repairability score is mostly due to the effort needed to pries off the front panel, it’s not just an adhesive, it also has clips holding it down
So there you have it, iPod Touch 5th Generation torn-down!