Amazon has just stepped up its game on the iOS platform because today the company released a brand new video app which enables streaming of video content available through the company’s Prime service and Instant Video store.
It features offline viewing, automatic syncing of your play state across various devices and platforms and more! Here’s a screenshot:
The app is called “Amazon instant video” and is a free download, however It’s only available for iPad, perhaps later the app will get updated with iPhone/iPod Touch support.
Here are the latest release notes:
• Stream thousands of titles available from Prime Instant Video at no additional cost with a Prime membership, or watch over 120,000 videos available from the Amazon Instant Video store
• Download purchased and rented videos from Your Video Library
• Shop over 120,000 videos available from the Amazon Instant Video store by visiting Amazon
• Add videos to your Watchlist from a PC, Mac, or Kindle Fire for later viewing on your iPad
• Subscribe to a TV Season Pass by visiting Amazon and episodes will automatically be available on your iPad the day after they air
• Start watching on your iPad, and resume watching right where you left off on a Kindle Fire, PS3, PC, Mac, or hundreds of models of connected TVs and Blu-ray players with Amazon Whispersync.
Two more screenshots:
Now, I have a question for you guys:
Where do you get your entertainment from these days, iTunes or Amazon?