The popular video conversion tool, HandBrake, is at last out of beta (after 13 *shocking* years) and is now officially launched as version 1.0.0.
HandBrake is the perfect utility tool to convert any video in any format into other space-efficient formats for watching on any device you could think of. It comes with presets set up for every gadget from iPhone to Apple TV to even every Playstation. Best thing? It’s free, open-source and is available on every platform.
New changes and tweaks launched with the first official version:-
- Updated all tooltips
- Added undo/redo support to the graphical interface
- Improved drag and drop support
- Added Open Recent to the File menu
- Added Add Titles to Queue… to the File menu (batch queueing)
- Preview prompts to open in an external application when the internal player does not support the format
- Preview now displays volume and audio/subtitles language selection during playback
- Picture and Filters settings are now part of the main window
- Settings are preserved when selecting a new title (instead of reloading the last selected preset)
- Improved support for importing/exporting comma-separated (.csv) chapter markers
- Queue is now automatically paused when available disk space is low
- When Done action can now be changed directly from the Queue window
- When Done notification is now interactive (reveals the encoded file in Finder)
- Activity Log window is now searchable (press “?”+”f” to activate)
- XQuartz is no longer required for subtitle burn-in
- Updated Sparkle software update library
- Enabled DSA signature checking for improved security
- Usability improvements
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
Download HandBrake here.