Just a day after Microsoft tested their Skype for iOS, they have released the updated application for the iPhone’s as well. It has a much sleeker interface and a much faster performance to cross-platform read receipt and the ability to start group chats.
Skype 5.0 has a new hub-centric design which shows your recent conversations, which users can then swipe to reveal their favourite people or contacts. Here’s more –
• Overall performance improvements – faster start up and fluid animations.
• A new modern hub centric design putting recent conversations first – just swipe to see your favourite people or contacts.
• Richer and more reliable messaging: create groups, share photos (even to offline contacts) and video messages.
• In-app notifications for quick conversation switching, and in-app controls to manage notifications.
• A new simplified, modern voice and video calling experience.
Skype 5.0 is free on the App Store for iPhone and iPod touch.