Twitter recently came out with a new app called Periscope, which allows users to broadcast/share live video to the world.
So now comes its first update. This update includes some bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Here’s some detailed information about what’s new in the update:
- Major performance improvements – (watching broadcasts with tons of users was.. well, slow, sometimes)
- We improved the ordering for LIVE broadcasts; if people you follow are live, they’ll be at the top
- Fixed lots of issues where Chat wasn’t working (especially when kajillions of people are watching)
- We zoomed out the map showing broadcaster’s location
- Clarified the error message that some users received when trying to Tweet their broadcast. If you see this error, you should check your iPhone settings -> Twitter to make sure your Twitter account is properly logged in.
- Lots of crash fixes and video streaming improvements
If you haven’t tried Periscope yet, make sure you check it out here.